Hi. I’m Dr. Kirk Johnson. When my Wasilla and Palmer area patients get mouth sores, I advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food, plenty of adult dishes fit the bill, such as:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals. Yum!
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a general or cosmetic dentist in the Eagle River area, consider my practice, Excellence In Dentistry. We have been serving Anchorage since 1987. Call us at (907) 349-0022 to schedule and examination and consultation. We offer a complete menu of general and cosmetic dental procedures including:
Invisalign invisible braces
Dr. Kirk Johnson
Excellence In Dentistry
1000 Omalley Rd, Ste 101