To give our patients quality restorations designed to go the distance, we need the right tools. Anchorage dentist Dr. Kendall spends time researching the latest in dental technology including digital x-ray and intraoral camera services, selecting only those techniques and tools that improve dental outcomes and patient satisfaction.
A Digital Office
Digital X-rays and digital cone beam technology are state-of-the-art in diagnosis in addition to having 90% less exposure than the old x-ray systems. We have been using this advanced technology in our office since its inception in 1994. The use of these, along with our intraoral dental cameras, help us show and explain your conditions and recommended treatments so you can be involved in making an informed decision on what’s best for you. Our overhead display monitor replaces the bright overhead lights of yesteryear, allowing you to see what’s inside your mouth via digital images from an intraoral camera or x-rays—or turn it into a DVD player to watch a movie during treatment. We also utilize a variety of other digital options in our office:
- Three monitors in each room for comfortable viewing at multiple angles
- High intensity curing lights for state-of-the-art bonding of our tooth-colored restorations
- DIAGNOdent for detecting decay early
- TSCAN computerized bite analysis: this highest level of diagnosing ability and comfort helps show the precise relationship with how your teeth come together and whether or not they are in harmony with your bones and muscles.
- Myotronics K-7 computer-aided muscle analyzer and J-5 TENS therapy to find your precise “neuromuscular bite position”, which aside from TMJ relief, also ensures that your dentistry is comfortable and less likely to wear or fracture with time.
- Dental Lasers: lasers are at the peak of high tech dentistry, and Dr. Johnson and Dr. Kendall were the first in Alaska to use them, currently implementing the use of 7 different lasers over 4 different wavelengths on a daily basis. This includes the LightScalpel CO2 laser, a powerful, precise tool for oral surgery without a blade. Please visit our Anchorage Laser Dentistry page for more detailed information on what dental lasers can do for you.
Digital Imaging – View Your New Smile in Advance
Glimpse Your Future
When you decide to correct or enhance your smile, it’s often difficult to determine ahead of time exactly what kind of results to expect. After all, a smile is a pretty personal thing, and changing your smile can feel like changing your identity. That’s where cosmetic digital imaging comes into play. Digital imaging is computer software that allows us to take your digital photograph and manipulate it to reflect the procedures you’re considering. The result is a photo that shows you what your smile would look like after treatment. Whether you’re considering teeth whitening, straightening, bonding, veneers, or a complete smile makeover, digital imaging technology lets you see into your future.
The process is quite simple. Once your dentist has completed your oral exam and discussed your smile goals, a treatment plan will be created. Various digital photos of your current smile will be taken and change factors will be keyed into the computer. The computer will immediately generate one or more graphic images that accurately demonstrate how the changes will affect the appearance of your mouth, as well as your overall facial appearance. You can also make custom changes to be sure you get what you want.
It’s a fun process, and it can instigate excitement similar to when a sonogram reveals the gender of a new baby. Plus, you can take a photo of the new you home to share with family or friends.
Informed patients make wise decisions, and digital imaging allows you the opportunity to actually glimpse your future before committing to treatment. What more could you ask for?
See Digital Smile Designing in Action: