At Excellence In Dentistry we know that many Anchorage children fear going to the dentist. Regular dental check-ups from toddler age are an essential part of oral hygiene.
Follow These Guidelines To Prepare Kids For The Dentist
1. Talk about the exam with your child. Answer any questions with uncomplicated answers.
2. Don’t share your bad dental experiences with your child.
3. Don’t imply that the exam will be painful.
4. Help your child understand that this is an important part of staying healthy.
5. Don’t offer a reward for visiting the dentist.
It is important for parents to make sure they aren’t anxious about Anchorage dental visits because children can sense their stress.
Calm Nerves With Professional, Friendly Staff
If you or your Anchorage child has had a bad dental experience or is unable to stay calm while visiting the dentist, ask us about sedation dentistry. We want all of our patients to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible while receiving excellent care.
For simple dental procedures topical anesthetics are applied to the gums and other tissues reducing oral sensation. If you require more sedation, nitrous oxide and general anesthesia are safe solutions.
We also offers complete smile makeovers which may include dental implants, teeth whitening, dental veneers, or any other cosmetic dental procedures required. All of these can be done with some type of sedation if required.
Don’t let your fears or your child’s fears keep your child from having a beautiful, healthy smile. Contact Excellence In Dentistry at (907) 349-0022 today!