Benefits of Laser Dentistry in Anchorage
Dr. Kendall and Dr. Fox are thoroughly trained in the handling of dental lasers and have incorporated the latest and the best in laser technology at Excellence in Dentistry in Anchorage, Alaska. Lasers are a form of concentrated and amplified light energy and in dentistry, the laser energizes water and through a process of hydrokinetics creates an energy that can replace the dental drill. To see if you are a candidate for this type of dentistry contact us today.
The benefits of laser dentistry include:
- Comfort. Lasers produce minimal heat or vibration, which could reduce the need for anesthesia
- Minimizes post-op pain. Your healing time is greatly decreased in comparison to the same procedures done with a scalpel
- More efficient appointment times. With minimal prep or clean-up, lasers can be much faster than other treatments
- Reduces inflammation. When used in conjunction with your hygiene visit lasers have been proven to reduce the bacterial load in your mouth and promote healing
- Disinfects. Used to disinfect the area where your treatment is being completed
- Herpetic lesions. Lasers can be used to stop the eruption of, if caught early enough, or reduce the duration and discomfort of a cold sore
Lasers Used At Excellence in Dentistry
- Thor LX2 Cold Laser
- Picasso Diode Laser
- Light Scalpel CO2 Laser
- Fotana LightWalker ND Yag/Erbium Yag Laser
How Do Dental Lasers Work?
Thor LX2 Cold Laser
This low-level cold laser increases cellular repair through bio-stimulation and also has the ability to reduce pain. At Excellence in Dentistry, the Thor LX2 is used for TMJ treatments as it helps in reducing inflammation of tissues and accelerating healing.
Picasso Diode Laser
The Picasso Diode laser specifically targets unhealthy areas in the gums and is a proven path toward superior dental health. Our hygiene department has been laser trained and certified, so you can be guaranteed continuity of care when you come to Excellence In Dentistry. Used during every hygiene appointment (regular cleaning), this laser is used to reduce the bacterial load in your mouth and decrease inflammation. With regular maintenance care, periodontal disease can often be effectively and non-surgically treated.
Light Scalpel CO2
Also known as the “soft tissue laser”, the Light Scalpel CO2 laser safely and effectively replaces a scalpel to gently reshape and re-contour the gum line to create beautiful and esthetic smiles. Your healing time is greatly decreased in comparison to the same procedures done with a scalpel. This greatly minimizes your post-op pain.
Known as a “hard and soft tissue laser”, the Fotana LightWalker ND Yag/Erbium Yag laser is often used as a replacement for the dental drill. It can also allow for procedures to be performed without the need for shots or an anesthetic. It is the best way to completely clean a tooth needing root canal treatment to promote rapid healing. It can be used to anesthetize the teeth which causes little to no pain even after the procedure.